Inky tagged me. I don’t really know Inky except through reading her blog. This should be fun. This means I list ten random things about myself and then tag five others.
1. I just turned in the manuscript for my first book. Turned it in this week. It is about Corporate (in a group) Intercessory Prayer.
2. I come off as serious most of the time but I can be very silly…ask my husband.
3. Right now, I am working as an Instructional Designer (write and edit training material for an international company).
4. In my free time, I enjoy watching crime/mystery type shows…like CSI (the Original), Law and Order: Criminal Intent and my new favorite is Bones.
5. I just got married this year – 07/07/07 and my husband is a few years younger than me. (I always said I would marry someone younger than me).
6. Sometimes I like to listen to “old country” music…not the new stuff. I guess I can’t help it since I was raised in Texas. My husband cringes at the thought of country music, he is rock and roll all the way. I know this isnt’ really related to me but he has written some great worship songs.
7. I love coffee. My favs are either the Carmel Machiatto at Starbucks or my new fav is the Raspberry Kiss from Seattle’s Best.
8. In addition to the recently completed book I would like to write a book on leadership principles, at least one fiction novel, and a cookbook.
9. I was published in a Southern Living cookbook a few years ago. They asked for cooking tips from their readers. My cooking tip was to make homemade cookies, get a cookie sheet, line it with wax paper (or parchment paper) place cookie sized scoops on the wax paper and freeze. Once frozen transfer the scoops into a plastic bag and return to the freezer. The next time you are in the mood for homemade cookies (or someone drops by unexpectedly), just take out a few and bake them. They paid me $49. and gave me a free copy of the book. It was good book too. It was a reference book; any cooking term you can think of is in that book.
10. I enjoy traveling (traveled for 3 years with two different jobs) but I have not left the US except for going to Mexico (not a stretch since we live in Texas). I really want to visit Australia, New Zealand and most of all Brazil.
I am going to tag Judy, Lora, Carolyn, and I’ll have to think of two more…