I read quiet a few books so I thought I might make some recommendations/reviews. To kick it off, I am going to give my top 5 fiction and non-fiction recommendations…
- Anything by Francine Rivers although I think my favorite is Atonement Child. I do not read much Christian fiction because most of it is poorly written or just not honest. Francine Rivers is an honest writer. Her heroes and heroines are real people with real problems and real flaws.
- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. An inspiring book.
- Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult. There may be some questionable language…definitely rated PG-13.
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. We should all read the classics. This book has some good history too.
- Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I thought the book was better than the movie.
- The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkenson. I also like his book Secrets of the Vine.
- Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Lehman. This book is for married people. 🙂
- The Final Quest by Rick Joyner.
- The Prophetseries by Dr. Bill Hamon. I especially like the 2nd book in the series. It has the ten “M”s. It lays our ten areas that ministers should have solid integrity. For example; money, marriage, etc.
- Wild at Heartby John Elthridge. Okay, I know, it’s for men. But it really spoke to me about being created for something bigger than ourselves. He is a very good writer and waxes poetic at times.
Any suggestions?? I’d love to here them…