This month I have been so irritated with retail stores completely overlooking Thanksgiving. A few days after Halloween, I stopped in to get a cup of coffee at a national coffee place (no names mentioned) and they already had all their Christmas decorations and products out…there was Christmas music. It made me think, as a nation, we are moving farther and farther from having a Thankful heart.
This past Sunday our pastor challenged us (he’s always doing that) to make a Thanksgiving list like we did when we were kids. So here goes.
I am thankful for all the normal stuff…living in America, my family, my church, all my stuff, etc. I want to delve deeper…
- I am thankful that God answers prayers that I prayed so many years ago; prayers that I would have a family of my own.
- I am thankful that a few years ago when I failed God miserably, He never left me.
- I am thankful that I am not who I once was.
- I do not think I can say often enough or truly express how thankful I am to God for His Grace and Mercy.
- I am thankful that He allows me to do thinks I love to do…like write. And that those things are becoming a reality.
- I am thankful for my husband.
- I am thankful for Words that lead me home.
Okay, here are the random things I am thankful for…
- That I live in the south where ice tea is sweet and has ice in it (if spend much time up north…they don’t believe in ice and they drink instant tea!!)
- That my life has been a “fun time” (as Sam would say)
- That God answers prayers about tires (ever since I had two blowouts, I pray for my tires a lot).
- For Texas style Mexican Food (it’s not the same everywhere).
- For old friends and new friends.
- For the occasionally lazy day.
- For coffee. We have especially been enjoying our French Press coffee.
No doubt I’ll think many more things in the next two days that I am thankful for. This list is a pretty good start.